Friday, July 2, 2010

Stupid Kidney Stones...

Last weekend Joel and I got on frontrunner with our kids, to go to the Gateway with our friends Heather and Joe. My Dad met us at the Woodscross station to get my kids, then we went on to Salt Lake. First we had lunch at Jason's Deli and then went to see the new Adam Sandler movie, Grown Ups. After the movie my Dad brought the kids back to us and we headed to do some shopping. We didn't get far...while in the first store, Barnes & Noble, my back started getting sore. I wandered around the store looking for Joel and by the time I found him I thought I was going to die. So needless to say it was time to head home.

We went back to the trax station and then over to the frontrunner. While getting on the train I ask how much longer it would be before the train left...25 MINUTES!! THERE WAS NO FREAKING WAY I WAS GOING TO BE ABLE TO SET THERE FOR 25 MINUTES!! and then still have the hour ride back home...

Thank goodness for wonderful parents!! I think I said, while crying, to my mom..."come get me NOW!! OH, and bring PAIN PILLS!!" About the time the train was leaving with my friends on it, my parents showed up... I sat in the front set of my parents car while my kids were panicking in the back set and my parents were arguing over which hospital to take me to. My Mom said, "any where but DEATH ________"(Nickname of a local hospital). Then because our insurance is NOT IHC, which it seems every hospital in SLC is IHC, I ended up at......DEATH _______.

I later found out that the hospital was absolutely fabulous! The E.R. nurse, a wonderful man, got the I.V. put in, with a good dose of morphine and zofran, very quickly!! I was so impressed with how fast they were! After a quick CT Scan, they confirmed it was "just" another kidney stone, DUH!, but this one was only 3 mm ~ easily passable (HELLO, I DON'T THINK SO!!)...the doctor said (obviously he has never passed a kidney stone ;) The CT Scan also confirmed that I still have many more, deep in the kidneys, left to pass once they come into the center of the kidney :(

3 hours later I was back home feeling pretty good...gotta love morphine, however, it does were off quickly :( The week went by in a percocet blur... The stone did pass and now I am left with messy house, lots of laundry, dead flowers, and I'm REALLY behind on getting ready for girls camp ~ yep, I'm camp director~ that is THIS WEEK :| YIKES!!