Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ry's Birthday Weekend

My kids couldn't be more different from each other. Ky starts planning her next birthday party MONTHS before the actual day. Ry, on the other had, you can't get to commit to doing anything. Most years I will go ahead and plan something for him and a couple of friends...Lagoon, Speed Street, etc. This year I left it to him. He told me a few weeks ago that he just wanted the $$$.
So, that's what he got...mostly.

Grrr...I just discovered that I accidentally deleted all of my
pictures from yesterday when I updated my iPhone today...Grrr :(

After giving him his birthday card...with his money enclosed...

we told him that the day was his to plan.

Our day went something like this...

Breakfast, a football game (Roy Black vs. Brigham City), the end of another football game (Roy Gold vs. West Haven), shopping (the money was burning a hole ;), lunch at Red Lobster (where after another $100 I remembered why we don't eat there very often, OUCH!), more shopping, and then we headed to my mom's house to watch another football game and eat dinner.

BYU played their season's first game at home against Washington...and won 23-17. Ry was thrilled! It's sad how emotionally involved Ry get's watching his BYU football games...
Them winning was PERFECT was for his day to end!

Ry ended up spending all $100 at Zumie's in the Layton Mall. He made his own
custom skate board. I have to admit, it's kind of cool.

Tonight we celebrated with Joel's side of the family and he got more $$$. Next Sunday we will celebrate all of the September birthday's at my mom's house,
were he is hoping to get...more $$$ :)

Happy Birthday Buddy!! We love you and hope you had a great Birthday!