Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday Memoirs. . . .

Goodbye Moe Moe :(


We lost a treasured friend today
The big dog who used to lay
His gentle head upon the ground
And shared his silent thoughts.

He’ll come no longer to our call
Retrieve no more his favorite ball
A voice far greater than our own
Has called him to his golden throne.

Although our eyes are filled with tears
We thank him for the happy years
He let him spend down here with us
And for his love and loyalty.

When it is time for us to go
And join him there, this much we know
We shall not fear the transient dark
For he will greet us with a bark.

~Author Unknown

This morning Brent and Christi, my Brother and Sister-in-law, had to make the difficult decision to end Moe's pain and suffering. During the last 24 hours his red blood cells stop reproducing and started attacking his body causing his liver and other organs to enlarge and shut down.

Because I work out of Brent's house and see his pets everyday, I have become very attached to them and love them like my own. So, today's Monday Memoirs are for Moe, who I will always remember as a loving and comforting friend.

Moe. . . I will miss our morning "love fest" when I arrive at work each day, I will miss you laying under my desk ready to keep my feet warm, and of course, I will miss watching you try to avoid all the scary cold air returns. . . .love ya buddy :(