Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Confessional. . . .


Alrighty then. . . . . .


1. I confess that I am a nervous wreck today. I have tried putting this particular Friday off several times, calling and re-scheduling my oral surgery appointment, but it's time to put on my big girl panties and get it over with. . . . . . unfortunately. Also, I'm not a big breakfast eater --unless it's at dinner time--, but because they told me I can't eat or drink before going under anesthesia today, I'm a starving nervous wreck!

2. I confess that I am the world's biggest wimp! Both of my parents have this amazing tolerance for pain, me not so much. . . in fact NONE at all. You would think I would get some of their pain tolerance through their DNA or even a little bit just by the example they set, but no. I also tend to get a little dramatic when I'm in pain. It's on of those things that I know I'm doing- - especially when I get one of the those cute little smiles from Joel saying "yes, I know Dear" -- but I don't care and I don't want to stop. I feel very blessed to have married a man that can laugh, and make me laugh, at my annoyances instead of just getting mad or annoyed himself. He's a saint and I love him!

3. I confess that I'm worried about my house staying clean while I'm recovering. Lame, I know, but it's not easy keeping my house clean, the way I like it, now that I am working full-time for Brent, while still working at the school and being the PTA President. (I say the way I like it because Joel and the kids have this idea that "just kind of picked up" is clean. . . )

Staying on top of it is the only way that works for me. . . once I get overwhelmed with it, I quit and we live in complete chaos until I get motivated enough to do it. Which usually involves inviting friends over for dinner. . . nothing gets me motivated faster than knowing someone, besides family, is going to come over. On those days, Joel and the kids help me "pick up" and then disappear while I clean it :) By next Friday I will either have to confess that I was completely wrong about my cute little family or confess that I have made plans with friends, lol.

(Amy. . . . Just in case, do me a favor and keep next Saturday night open ;)