Friday, March 11, 2011

15th Wedding Annivesary

On Wednesday evening we spent drove down and
spent our first night in St. George. We felt honored to be able to stay in my
Dad's room while we were there. . . .
Yes, my Dad does go to St. George enough, for work, that he has
his own room at the Comfort Suites in St. George.

Thursday morning, Feb. 24th,
-- on our 15th Wedding Anniversary --
we drove into Las Vegas.

(it was very windy. . . .not good "hair" picture weather, so it's just the sign)

While in Vegas for 3 nights, we stayed at the Mandalay Bay.
We stayed in a mini-suite that was absolutely FABULOUS!

That night we went to see the Lion King!
We had awesome tickets, sat on the second row.
I love, love, loved it . . . .Joel, not so much (good thing he loves me oodles ;)
No, the pictures from the show I did not take myself.
At the Lion King they ask, very nicely, that you don't
take pictures during the show. The costumes were amazing though
so I wanted a picture for blog/journal.

Next day we drove over to THE Pawn Shop!
I don't watch much TV, but I do enjoy watching Pawn Stars. . .
Who doesn't love Chumlee?
We are not sure why, but while we were there the guy helping us
took this picture over to the window, had "the guys" sign it, and gave it to us!
They didn't do it for the other fifty, or so, people in the store :)
Right after we got it, they kicked everybody out of the store so
they could start filming. . . . Chumlee did come out right before we left.

The marker was still drying on picture as we were walking out of the store with it!
We bought Ry a poker chip from the actual pawn shop part
of the store and then bought T-Shirts for both of the kids
in the "Pawn Stars" merchandise part of the store.
I think they make more money selling the crap with their logos, names,
etc., on stuff then they do from the pawn store.

I'll scan the autographed picture and post it soon. This picture was
taken with my iPhone in the car to email to the kids.

That night we went to see Criss Angel. . . it was interesting, that's for sure!
I also didn't take pictures at this show. . . . because they,
basically, threaten to eat your first born child if you do ;)
They take the no camera thing VERY SERIOUSLY and
don't even pretend to be nice about it!
We had terrible tickets, but thanks to the drunk guy, that caused a huge scene,
the ushers moved us up closer! It was a pretty sweet deal :)
After the show got out, around 11pm, we walked to the other end of the strip.
It's people watching at it's best, until you realize how far you walked. . . .that's
when taxi's become very convenient!

If you hate watching, or listening, to people throw up. . . .don't go the 9:30pm shows in Vegas and try to make it back to your room, and be sound asleep, before your drunk neighbors get back! The guys that could hold their liquor were endlessly harassing --very loudly-- the poor guy that couldn't. He started puking in the hall and continued for hours! Ear plugs at the gift shop come in handy if you don't make it back in time. . . . just a F.Y.I. ;0)

The next day we made our required stop at Margaritaville :)
I would be written out of my parent's will, for the final time, if we didn't
make an appearance for a "cheeseburger in paradise". It's just
happens to be really good food, so I don't mind! We also continued to look for
the pink leather, knock off, purse Ky wanted. We finally found it, after hours of
walking up and down the strip, at the outlet mall that afternoon.

I can only take so much Vegas. . . so, that night, we decided to drive off
of the strip to go see a movie. We went to see Hall Pass. . . .VERY FUNNY!

Sunday morning we got up and drove home. Saturday I started missing our kids
and by Sunday I was completely home sick. . . . it was time to be home!
Joel and I had a FABULOUS time and I look forward to when we
can get away for another 4 nights. . . . hopefully it won't
take another 15 years ;)