Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Confessional. . . .


1. I confess that even though Joel and I have been home from Las Vegas for over two weeks now, we are still finding "U's" (logo for the University of Utah) all over the house. My mom said she thought there were only 10. . . . I disagree, I know we have found many more and she giggles when I tell her were we found another one. I even had a neighbor ask me why we had red U's all over the house when we are BYU fans. I had to explain that my parents though they were pretty clever while they were at my house alone. My parents came to stay at our house with our kids so that Ry and Ky could continue with school, friends, tumbling, choir, etc. Apparently they got bored during the day, while the kids were at school, and had too much time on their hands. Next time I'll leave them more laundry to do ;)

The U's were everywhere! They were in lamps, doors, many windows, top of shelves, mirrors, and, I'm sure, there's more to be found :)

2. I confess that I have always bought what ever laundry softener is on sale or a regular generic one. . . . .laundry softener is laundry softener after all, right? NO! I was terribly wrong --I know your shocked, right?-- During the week I have been taking a load of laundry with me to work, it's the only way I can stay on top of it and luckily my boss is pretty fabulous :) While at Brent's, for our annual superbowl party, he came out with this big reddish/pink bottle of ultra downy fabric softener. He was pretty excited about how great it smelled and was walking around having everyone sniff it. . . . Yes, Brent does do all of the laundry at his house and. . . . yes, we do get excited easily in my family, lol. The first time I did a load of laundry at his house I had to try it out. . . . . I'm hooked! It really does pay to buy the best of the best fabric softener. The clothes come out sooo soft and just all around completely better, who would've thought ;)

3. I confess that I love lazy Friday nights! The kids are downstairs watching a movie together, a good one apparently --- I have yet to hear any name calling, I'm sitting in bed with my laptop blogging, Joel is next to me reading a book and both dogs are sound asleep on the floor next to us. Life is good!