Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ky's Field Trip. . .

Last month I went with Ky's 4th grade class on a field trip.
After a very long bus ride to Salt Lake, we started at the Utah Pioneer Museum.

Once we completed the worksheet on all four levels of the museum, the class
walked across the street to the Utah State Capitol.
In my group was Ky, Anna, Aubree, Cheyenne, Angelica, and McKayla.
(going from left to right in bottom right hand corner)

At the State Capitol we ate lunch and then began our tour of the building.

Once I walked into Ky's class and saw Payton's mom, Mitzi, was going with us,
the outlook of my day completely changed. With a partner in crime,
maybe the field trip wouldn't be so bad after all.
I'm proud to say that the only ones that kept getting
"the look" during the tour were Mitzi and I. . . Oh well, you live once, right!
Who knew laughing in the state capitol would echo so much. geez. . . ;)
However, the kids did great and, because they have been learning so much about the State of Utah this year, they really seemed to enjoy it.

During the tour Ky got to tell all of her class about her
Great Grandpa William Earl Slater, my Mom's Dad. Grandpa Slater is
the artist that painted the beautiful scenery at the top of the rotunda.

(See Grandpa Slater & the Utah State Capitol)

Ry also told his class all about Grandpa Slater a few years ago
when he went on the same field trip while in Mrs. Heaton's class.
The state capitol tour is a 4th grade tradition.

On the way back to the bus I double dog dared Mitzi to jump up,
climb over the lion, and into his paws. Who knew she would actually do it, lol.
It's very cute and all of the kids got kick out of it. . . even Payton, luckily!
However, I'm not sure Mitzi and I will be allowed to go on field trips
together again. . . .the other teacher with us was not to pleased with our behavior :/