Thursday, March 24, 2011

March Memories

The Bon Jovi concert was freaking fabulous! Amy invited me to go with her and Courtney, a friend from California, and her sister-in-law, Melissa. All very funny ladies! It just doesn't get any better than a GNO with a side of smok'n hot Bon Jovi ;)

Every few months my Mom invites all of the girls, from the Slater side of the family, over for lunch. Last Saturday, after getting my hair cut and colored (LOVE IT! Thanks Staci), Ky and I headed to Bountiful. Ky only goes with my every other time, or so....
(she'll go again when she forgets how bored she was the last time she went ;)

I love visiting with her on the drive to Bountiful and back. She says the silliest things while trying to prove that she is so much smarter than her old Mom...and, sadly, most days I'm
NOT smarter than a 4th grader, lol!

It was great visiting with those that could make it, and when the conversation left my comfort zone......don't ask (shaking my head ;).......I started taking pictures! Susie was being mean, Ky wouldn't cooperate, and Haylee tried to break my nose.....but at least my hair looked great, lol!

(In attendance: Aunt Shirley, Aunt Nola, Charlotte, Michelle, Cindy, Linda, Susie, Haylee, Mom, Me and Ky)

Then there was Ky's class field trip to the
Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge.

hour drive there
+
hour drive around the refuge
+
hour drive home
----------------------------------
BUS SICK!

The entire bus ride home, while Kelly F. and Colleen S. were talking to me, all I could think was...."don't throw up....breath in slowly....breath out slowly".

Ky had a great time with her classmates and they all learned a lot interesting facts about Utah Wild Life....... The best part for me was getting to check it off my bucket list!

Afterward I took Ky and a 3 of her friends and met up with Susie, Bodee and Haylee at IHOP, after all it was FREE PANCAKE DAY! While we were there the girls had their picture taken with
Miss Roy -which they loved-, free pancake day only cost me $15 -which I loved- and on top off all of that, I was the cool Mom for a brief moment! Woo-Hoo!