Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Weekend

On Saturday afternoon I got a great idea from my brothers friend, Rich, to do a midnight Easter Egg Hunt. I love the idea and went home to prepare :)

I took pictures of all of my hiding spots....
.while it was still light.


Then made my clues....


Later that evening we colored Easter Eggs with the kids. This was the first year that both of my kids decided that they were too old for the city Easter Egg Hunt :( I'm glad that they still enjoy coloring eggs....them growing up is the pits! It totally kills all of my fun ;)


Then....after they went to bed, around 10pm, I went out into the neighborhood to set up my midnight Easter Egg Hunt. At a little after midnight Joel and I went into their dark rooms and woke them up with flashlights shining in their faces....it was hilarious! WAKE UP, IT'S EASTER MORNING!

They didn't think it was as funny, it took them both a minute to really figure out what was going on. I told them it was payback for the 3am Christmas mornings they like to pull on us ;)


The pictures aren't great, it's really hard to get good pictures when it's so dark. Joel and I just set on the porch and laughed, it was fun and totally worth all of the work I put into it. I had them running from one of the neighborhood to other...back and forth, back and forth.

At the end they were thrilled with what they got for Easter and their still talking about Mom's crazy Easter Egg Hunt. Joel and I were thrilled it was out of the way and got to sleep in until it was time to get up and get ready for church :)

Later that morning both of my kids surprised me with little written notes about what Easter really is all about, not candy, bunnies, and eggs, but about how the Saviors died on the cross to atone for our sins and, because he died, we shall all live again.

It was an amazing surprise and they both did an amazing job!
Their notes made my heart smile and brought tears to my eyes :)

After church we drove to Bountiful for an Easter/Birthday Party at my Mom's house.

This year my Mom's birthday fell right on Easter day. Earlier that week Christi and I took my Mom out and spoiled her for her birthday. We started the day with a hair cut and color, then lunch at Cafe Rio, and then clothes shopping. Other than the fact that Susie wasn't able to be us, the day was perfect. We missed Susie, but understood that she didn't want bring both kids to a salon and shopping.



The kids enjoyed the annual Easter Egg Hunt at my Mom's and were spoiled with lots and candy, toys, and an iTunes gift card.


Happy Birthday CrAzY Grandma, LOVE YA!