Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I am thankful for....

MY SUPER-D-DUPER WONDERFUL HUSBAND, JOEL!

Last night was one of "those" nights at our house. Around 12:30 Ky came into our room and woke us up - Mommy......Daddy......I've got an upset tummy :( Joel immediately got up, gave her something to help settle her stomach, and went to lay by her before coming back to bed. It wasn't 30 minutes before she only made into the hallway throwing up....YUCK! Her dad was right by her side in seconds and totally took over before my panic could even begin to set in. I'm not sure what I would do without him being able to step right up and help the kids when they are sick.

Not once, in the 17 years I have known him, has he gotten upset or frustrated that I CAN NOT deal with throwing up - at least to my face, he must hide it well ;) He has always been willing to do anything possible to make sure both the kids and I are okay. Joel ended up spending the rest of the night in her room by her side, she was SO sick. Without me even asking him, he came and into our room around 4am, and told me he would take the day off and stay home with her. It was a HUGE relieve for me. Not only would've I have had to call either my Mom or my Mother-in-Law to come over to stay with us, but I also would've had to find a sub, on very short notice, for my FAME classes that I teach at the school on Wednesdays.

Phobia's are a strange thing. A phobia (meaning "fear" or "morbid fear") is defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation in which the sufferer commits to great lengths in avoiding despite the fear, typically disproportional to the actual danger posed, often being recognized as irrational. In the event the phobia cannot be avoided entirely, the sufferer will endure the situation or object with marked distress and significant interference in social or occupational activities.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about people throwing up....having the fear sucks, I hate it, it's awful! I get that it is totally irrational, but at the same time I can't do anything about it. I'm not sure how, when, or why it started, I know I was very young because I can't remember a time in my life that I didn't have the fear. I guess it is what it is, and I'm very thankful to have such a support husband.

Thank you Joel! I love you SO much and appreciate you more than I can ever put into words!