Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Confessional. . .


1. I confess that we eat out too much. It's pretty sad that the waitress's know my kids by name and ask how certain activities in their lives are going....I don't care, nope, not at all. I love that everyone gets what they want, I love that someone else buys it, prepares it, and then cooks it, and I LOVE that someone else cleans it up!

2. I confess that I am counting down the days until summer. I think I am more excited for summer than my kids are...Ry will miss teasing the girls and the recess football/basketball games, Ky will miss her Teacher and just school period, she loves it all. I on the other hand will miss none of it! I am looking forward to being off "schedule" for a while and not having to fight over homework, reading time, and bed time. On top of that, I'm super excited about the longer days and warmer weather!

3. I confess that I am SO relieved to be done with the PTA. This will be the first summer in 6 years that I don't have to worry about the end of the year reports and taxes that are due during the summer and then about the upcoming PTA year. WOO-HOO!! I started on the PTA Executive Board, as Secretary, the year Ryan went into the 1st grade. My PTA "career" went like this... health & safety commissioner (HSC) for a year (when Ry was in Kindergarten), then HSC AND Secretary for two years, then HSC AND Treasurer AND President-Elect for two years, and then the president for two years....and now I'M DONE!!

--- Being part of the PTA was a great learning experience, I worked with and got to know a lot of super fun ladies, I lived through LOTS of typical girl drama, and I wouldn't change or do anything differently...absolutely no regrets...but at the same time I am super excited to be DONE! At the beginning of this year our PTA board agreed to change our bylaws...As of now, like at most elementary schools, the Executive Board positions will be a one year term instead of 2. At the end of my first year I wasn't completely burned out....NOW I AM. The 2011-12 Executive Board is filled with young kindergarten Mom's that are full of excitement and new ideas. It will be exciting to see the new changes at the school. As for me, I am excited to be going back to being just a "Room Mom" for Ky's last two years. ---

4. ....This is for my sister-in-law, Christi.... I confess that I started this blog post on Friday and it is now Saturday night around 10:24 (: Yep, I confess that I am easily distracted :)