Friday, July 15, 2011

Ouch. . . . That HURT!


On Wednesday Ry went to the local skate park with his friend, Corbin. About an hour later I got a phone call. . . . "Mom, you have to come and get me. I fell and split my lip open and it's bleeding everywhere". I went up there, cleaned him, and then he went back to riding. The cut lip and bruised cheek didn't faze him after Mom got all of the blood cleaned up.

THE NEXT DAY. . . Yesterday. . . I got another phone call. This time I sent Joel up there to fix his battle wounds. Ry called me back a few minutes later and said, "Dad wants to know if you want to go with us to get stitches". G-R-E-A-T!



This was during the. . . . . . .
"YES, we have to clean it and, YES, it's going to hurt" speech.
I thought she was very funny. She had both Joel and I laughing.
Poor Ry, He didn't find her funny at all ;(


Cleaning it. . .


Applying lidocaine ointment to help numb it . . .


The Doctor finally agreeing to stitch him up, after a bit of harrasing. . . even though Ry's a BYU Cougar fan (Ry was wearing a BYU T-Shirt). Yep, Ry got the only doctor, that works there, that graduated from the U of U -- LOL :)


One down, one to go!


All done! 6 Stitches in the top wound, 3 in the bottom one.


Once the Doctor was done, with stitching Ry up and trying to convince him that the Utes are a better team, he stuffed his shirt with every color of bandage wrap. . . except "UTE RED", and left this poor lady to wrap Ry's leg :)


**I just want to add that I was the one to stay with Ry while he got his stitches. I can't handle throw up and Joel can't handle lots of blood and needles!**