Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Confessional. . .



1. I confess that my, almost 13 year, son is lacking the filter that goes between his brain and his mouth. The things that he will say, LOUDLY, out in public is going to drive me to drink. I've NEVER been a drinker. . . but lately I'm considering it ;) Most of the time his comments are so shocking and crude that both Joel and I are caught off guard. . . and start laughing. Which only is encouraging it :( We've had MANY discussions about how just because something would be funny to say, doesn't make it okay to say. He can go ahead and say it to himself in his head. . . . or wait until a more appropriate time and place to say it QUIETLY to one of us. The last couple of times he has even said, "Sorry, that was completely inappropriate. . . FUNNY, but inappropriate". SO, I hoping that our discussions are starting to kick in, unfortunately a little to late, but he's got to start somewhere. In the meantime, I sincerely apologize for anything completely random and offensive that my son says :| **shaking my head**

2. I confess that I'm not even a little bit sad that "the renters" across the street moved out. Okay, I'll even go as far to say that I'm thrilled beyond means that they left the wonderful State of Utah for California! "A" and, her boyfriend, "G", are very nice and appeared to be normal people. . . . but her two son's (10 & 8) are CrAzY sCaRy!! They were continually making violent threats, stealing from both neighbors and the grocery store next door, and would go out of their way to be rude and disrespectful to everyone. I'm pretty sure there is a block party in the near future to celebrate the occasion! That sounds terrible, but you have no idea how awful those two are. Neighbors stop letting their kids play outside and generally avoided our area. On the bright side, the experience did make me appreciate all of our other neighbors so much more --- yep, the next door neighbors with the "junk yard" look pretty darn good now!

3. I confess that I'm giddy with excitement over making it as one of Susan Mallery's "Fool's Gold Varsity Cheerleaders! I'll post more about that next week when I'm allowed to start CHEERING!! Woo-Hoo!!


**Don't I make the cutest Cheerleader EVER ;)**