Friday, August 12, 2011

Congratulations!


Even though Joel is now super busy, I'm very excited and proud of him for the promotion he received at work. About a month ago his company started to reorganize a few of the departments and, with that, the rumors started to circulate. I could tell that he was nervous about the changes that have already happened and the ones that he could see coming.

5 years ago, when Joel started working for the classifieds department at KSL, it was a very small, tight knit group of guys, only 6 or 7, that made having to go to work a lot of fun. I enjoyed watching and hearing about the comradery between them all.

Then, a few years ago, Bonneville Communications, the KSL parent company, split up and ksl.com separated from KSL TV. Now ksl.com is part of the Deseret Digital Media Company. It has taken a little over two years, but now the original ksl.com classifieds group has been split up.

Joel has been promoted to Director of ksl.com Classifieds. He is starting from scratch, having to hire a new group of developers to work under him, while the rest of old department is being moved over to ksl.com news. I know it's been kind of been bitter-sweet for Joel. He's excited. . . .and a little nervous. . . .about all of new challenges and responsibilities, but he's also missing the daily contact with the 3rd floor gang. However, I know. . . .without a doubt. . . . that he will be amazing and I look forward to supporting him through this new adventure.


Joel,
Congratulations! I thank you for everything you do, and for how hard you work, for me and the kids. Not only are you a wonderful husband, but you're a terrific father and provider.....and the fact that your super cute isn't terrible either ;)
You are not only my husband, but my best friend and soul mate. You are a blessing from above - one that I do not take for granted. I love you, Bud....more than words. I'm forever grateful for your love and very proud to be your wife. . . . . .YOU ROCK!
~Heidi