Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I love this poster!


I have been in charge of Red Ribbon Week at Midland Elementary for the past 5 years. Every year the 6th Grade Peer Leaders help me choose themes, activities, and treats. This year the theme for the poster contest was "Color Me Drug Free". This poster was submitted by a Kindergartner, and because the poster has to be done entirely by the student, the judges eliminated this poster - thinking a Kindergartner could not have done this alone :( I love it! It's the cutest poster I have seen in 5 years. So, because it was not able to win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, I made sure this little boy got a special surprise, I hope he likes it :) You can tell that whoever helped him spent a lot of time and energy on it. Each different color is a piece of torn construction paper. To the student and parents of this poster: I think you did a FABULOUS Job!