Monday, November 10, 2008

She is very concerned...

Sunday night Ky came into the computer room and looked very upset. I started asking her about what she was thinking about and this is what she told me:

Mom, I was thinking about the new president, Obama. ALL the kids in my class think that he is going to start making lots of changes when he becomes president next year and he is going to get rid of our recesses!

I started to laugh...she got MAD.

(Red in the face, yelling at me.)

MOM - I AM SERIOUS, ALL OF THE KIDS IN MY CLASS THINK THAT HE IS GOING TO GET RID OF RECESS, I DON'T BELIEVE THEM, BUT THEY SAY IT IS TRUE!

I said, Oh sweetheart...come here. I gave her a hug and held her for a minute. I said Mr. Obama has way to much to worry about other than getting rid of your recesses. I told her that not once did I hear of any recess talk during the debates and I was 100% positive that recess would continue as normal once Obama was put into office. She just started shaking her head and left the room.

I started laughing again, and from the other room, she said MOM - IT'S NOT FUNNY! I apologized and tried to stop laughing.

I love the things kids can come up with :)