Thursday, January 22, 2009

PSS : One Person, One Question...

This week Julian asked, "If you had the opportunity to meet any ONE person (current or historical) and ask them any ONE question, who would it be and what would you ask?"

Okay, I have thought about this for a couple of days and I keep getting the same answer in my head. So, here it goes... Warning.... it's kind of creepy. If I could meet anyone, including those from the past, I would want to meet my Grandma S., my mom's mom. She passed away a few years before I was born. The question I would ask is... Why is it that we have never met, but yet I feel the closest to you out of any one on my mom's side of the family. Sometimes I feel it is because I am so close to my mom, I ADORE her, and other times I feel like her presents is always around me. But given the chance I would ask if it was all in my head... & heart, or if she really was, and is, with me. Lame, I know, but the same question came to me over and over again.

I have an Great Aunt Ruth on my mom's side, my grandma's sister-in-law... that swears I am EXACTLY like my grandma, in looks and personality. My Aunt tears up practically every time I see her... When I was young it use to scare me, creep me out... But now that I am older, I feel honored, like I am the lucky one! Both my brother and sister take after my dad's side of the family, tall and skinny, I am the only one who takes after my mom's, not so tall, not so skinny :)

So, Grandma S., Where ever you are, what ever you are doing, I am positive that when we are given the chance to meet, we will surely be BFF's!

Mom, if you are reading this....STOP CRYING. Dad, give mom a hug :)