Thursday, May 3, 2012

One of My BFF's

Yesterday was Joanna's 37th Birthday...Jo has been a one of my best friends for 20 years now, so this blog post is all for her!

Jo,

For the last 20 years you've been there for me through it all...For instance...

I can tell you anything and you won’t be shocked.

You're always willing to share your treats with me...The fruit tart was YUM!

We have MANY private jokes. I didn't realize just how many until we met for lunch with your friend last month...yikes!

You’re honest but tactful. You know when I need a swift kick in the butt.

I’d trust you with my life and more importantly...I'd trust you with my children's life. Don't forget, you're still 2nd in command. If anything happens they are all yours :)

We don’t look alike and we don’t sound alike- but we think alike on all the important things and that’s what counts.

You make room for me in your life, even when your life is crowded and busy...and I call at the last moment.

I’m not embarrassed to cry in front of you....you know how I HATE sad movies and when you moved to FLORIDA!!  You're back, I'm over it...it's all good ;)

I admire your self-control and strength. I want to be just like you when I grow up!

You give me total attention when I call just to talk...for hours and hours.

You know and understand my fears...why I hate tailgate parties and Usana. YUCK!

I don’t have to watch what I say when we’re talking, you just get what I mean. Blonde moments and all.

You love to laugh and even laugh at my jokes and my lameness.

You always know the right thing to say..even when I don't want to listen to you or my doctor :)

We can go weeks...even months...without talking, but we pick up right were we left off.

Secrets are secrets and we’d never reveal each other’s...it's been several years, so hopefully Mama D. has forgiven me ;)

Joanna @ U of U Football Game
You love me even though I'm a BYU fan...I love you even though you're a UTE fan...It's all about unconditional love.

You have let me be part of your family...Mama D. who I love as my own, the annoying Brother who still thinks I'm #1, fabulous Cousins who I still consider friends to this day, Aunts that would give you the shirt off of their back, the "scary" Uncle...and Rod (lol;) and gruff Grandparents with a heart of gold...(Yes, I still get "MY SONG" stuck in my head, Grandpa!) Thank you...I've loved it all!

You helped make high school bearable and even taught me how to drive long before I turned 16 (which is both a good thing and a bad thing, lol ;)  We have some pretty great memories that involve the Ford...including one that involves a street sign that has yet to be replaced....lol.

You supported my love of "all things Joel" (Joel this and Joel that)...You gave me my first bridal shower and stood by my side at my wedding.

You were there to welcome both of my children...and then started spoiling them as your own.  I still remember you having to re-pack my diaper bag for me.

Even though you don't share my belief...you've supported me 100% through baby blessings and my temple sealing.  I'll never forget how you and Mama D. were waiting outside the LDS temple, ready to celebrate, when I came out after being sealed to my cute little family...it meant the world to both Joel and I.

Then most recently, for two days...viewing and funeral...you held my hand while we said our final good-bye to my Grandma. For that alone, I'm eternally grateful!

Jo, you mean the world to me and I'm looking forward to the next 20 years!