Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of School


Ky is in the 6th Grade this year.  Her teacher is new to Midland this year and  Ky loves that...because she doesn't know Ry.  She gets tired of hearing "your Ry's little sister, right?". The three amigo's were split up this year.  Ky, Brylenn, and Kylista each got a different teacher.  I think that might be a good thing ;) 

It's the last year we will have a student in elementary :(  It was a hard day...
This year I'm going to be volunteering in her classroom once a week and I'm looking forward to helping my friend, Kelly, with the PTA.  This is the first year, in eight years, that I have not been on a PTA Executive Committee (President, Vice-President, Treasurer, or Secretary).  I have to admit, it's ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!

Ry is in the 8th Grade this year.  He was super excited to get all of the teachers he wanted and first lunch with most of his friends.  He did get a bottom locker...which according to him is "THE WORST THING EVER!", however, I'm sure he'll live.  School's been in just over a week and we've already received a postcard from his science/advisory teacher telling us what a great kid we sent her.....Hmm, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, lol. Hopefully there wasn't any bribery involved...ya never know with that kid ;)