Friday, September 24, 2010

Ky's Field Trip...

I was unable to go with Ky on her first field trip this year, however, thanks to Mrs. Smith's fabulous blog I can still add it to our collection of memories!

On September 3rd, we were able to go on a field trip to the Environmental Center, and we had a wonderful time! We got to try out different – and new – sports, like disc golf, rock climbing, ping pong, and archery. (Be careful when you’re letting go of the archery bow…I learned that the hard way!)

After I snapped my arm with the bow while demonstrating my “archery expertise,” I sat down and let a couple very capable parents take over. (Thanks to Mike and Dale) A little while later, I asked one of the students – Payton F. – if he wanted to take a turn trying to shoot the bow and arrow. He answered, “Well, my motto is: If the teacher gets hurt, I’m not doing it.”

All in all, though, we had a great time!


p.s. This is only half of her class... I wish class size's were this small, but that's not the case ;(