Tuesday, December 9, 2008

PSS : Family Traditions

This week Kim E. asked what are your family's traditions?

As a child:
Besides our Christmas traditions, I would have to say that my next favorite would have been Halloween night. Every year on Halloween, my birthday, we would go out trick or treating around the town of Uintah and then we would met all of my cousins up at my grandma's house for caramel apples. I loved it. We also had the Memorial Day BBQ at my Aunt Gartha's, 4th of July BBQ at my Grandma's and Thanksgiving at my Grandma's.

As an adult:
My kids favorites traditions include the Easter Egg Hunt at my Mom's, the yearly camping trip with the entire Alvey side, Halloween Party at my Mom's, and all of our Christmas traditions. This year we are holding the 1st Annual New Year's Eve Party at my Mom's house, everyone is planning on attending. The kids are so excited for everything that we have planned. I'll let you know how that goes :)

A must for us during every Christmas season is a weekly, yes weekly, trip to the West Haven Lights. If you haven't taken your family to see this, it's a must! It is a unique Christmas display where all the lights are computer controlled and synchronized to music, which is broadcast on a FM transmitter to your car radio on 93.7! The house in located in West Haven at 4346 west 3925 south. If you are familiar with Roy, it's straight down 4000 south. A must see :)