Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ry's Fortune Cookie

The other night on the way home from Lucky China, our favorite Chinese Restaurant, Ry opened his fortune cookie and was very upset. "That's the worst fortune cookie EVER" he yelled. So, I turned around to look at him and asked him what it said. He said, "You are autistic in many ways"...long pause - I AM NOT AUTISTIC! Sara in my class is autistic and I am absolutely nothing like her! I am NOT a handicapped person! -- I sat there and thought about for a minute, it just didn't seem right, so asked Ry if I could see the paper. Once I read it, I started laughing. Still laughing, I said, Ry it says "you are very ARTISTIC", like an artist, creative... He gave a huge sigh of relief. "Oh good, I was NEVER going to eat another fortune cookie again", he said. Joel and I sat there laughing, and then had to explain what being autistic meant to Ky. It was the funniest ever :) Gotta love him!